PROFESSIONAL BACKGROUND AND ACHIEVEMENTS
MEDVIN LAW PLC is a Northern Virginia boutique law firm dedicated to Federal criminal defense in Alexandria, Virginia.
Federal criminal law attorney Marina Medvin, owner of MEDVIN LAW, is a highly sought-after and nationally recognized trial lawyer. She has defended FBI’s 10 Most Wanted, WikiLeaks and Anonymous hacker activists, CEOs, politicians, celebrities, professional athletes, lawyers, prosecutors, police officers, senior military officers, and other high-profile cases.
Ms. Medvin is an experienced criminal litigator and has represented clients in the full spectrum of Virginia State & Federal accusations, including Murder, Cyber Crime, White Collar Crime, and DWI. Attorney Medvin has been described as dauntless, assertive, innovative, and client-dedicated – an avid advocate for each of her clients.
Attorney Medvin has been recognized as one of Washington’s Best Lawyers by Washingtonian Magazine, Top Lawyer by Northern Virginia Magazine, honored in the Washington Post‘s annual list of Top Attorneys in Washington DC, recognized by Richmond Magazine as one of the Top Attorneys in Virginia, selected as a Fellow of the Litigation Counsel of America for superior litigation accomplishments, honored by Super Lawyers as a Super Lawyers Rising Star, profiled as a Leading Attorney in Town & Country Magazine, selected to the list of Top 100 Trial lawyers by the The National Trial Lawyers, received a 10.0 Superb Rating from AVVO, and maintains 5/5 star client ratings throughout the various online attorney reviews sites, amongst other distinctions.
Ms. Medvin’s legal analysis has been sought and cited by various national television and print media, to include a multi-article legal expert series by Forbes, and other national publications, such as Huffington Post, Washington Post, ABC News, Yahoo! News, Vocative, TechWorm, International Business Times, Gizmodo, and Northern Virginia Magazine. She is also a columnist and op-ed writer, contributing legal analysis to Washington Examiner and TownHall.
- Washingtonian Top Lawyer listed on Washington, DC’s Best Lawyers List: Criminal Defense “DUI? Drug possession? Murder? If you’re facing criminal charges, hire one of these top defense lawyers.”
- Selected to the exclusive list of Top Lawyers by Northern Virginia Magazine for Criminal Defense and DUI / DWI Defense from 2014-2017. Ms. Medvin was selected for these categories by Northern Virginia attorneys, who were asked the question: “Who would you want to represent you if you were ever charged with a crime?”
- One of only 0.5% of lawyers selected for fellowship at Litigation Counsel of America, an invitation-only trial lawyer honorary society .
- One of only 2.5% of lawyers selected by Thomson Reuters Super Lawyers to their prestigious list of Rising Stars in Virginia and in Washington DC from 2014-2017.
- As seen in The Washington Post Annual List of Top Attorneys in Washington, D.C and in Richmond Magazine’s Top Lawyers in Virginia.
- Prestigiously honored for her criminal defense work as one of the Top 100 Trial Lawyers by the National Trial Lawyers for being one of “America’s Top Trial Lawyers.”
- AVVO Rating 10.0 highest achievement rating, in each category of Criminal Defense, Federal Crime, DUI, and Juvenile Defense, and Client Review Rating of 5 Stars on the public attorney reviews site AVVO.
- Selected to the 2014 Leaders in Law profiles in Town & Country Magazine.
- MEDVIN LAW PLC has been selected to the list of Best Lawyers and Law Firms in America – Criminal Defense by the Best Lawyers in America Organization.
- AVVO Client’s Choice designation in each category of Criminal Defense, Federal Crime, DUI, and Juvenile Defense.
- Top Rated Attorney in Virginia for 7 straight years on the public consumer reviews site LawyerRatingz.com.
- Martindale-Hubbell Client Distinction designation for maintaining a 5-Star client rating on Martindale.com and on Lawyers.com.
- Critical Response Team Self-Defense Attorney for “United States Concealed Carry Association (USCCA)”, endorsed by Sean Hannity.
State and Federal Practice Licenses
- Commonwealth of Virginia
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- Supreme Court of the United States of America
- Washington, DC / District of Columbia
- “fearless,” “first-rate”
- “incredibly smart and energetic”
- “passionate and aggressive”
- “well-prepared and thorough”
- “smart, tough, and committed”
- “professional and a zealous advocate”
- “extremely knowledgeable,”
- “results-oriented,” “creative”